Right Choice Development and Construction CEO and general contractor Danielle Wright keeps a close watch on weather-related threats and hurricane season 2023 preparedness.
Welcome to Development with Danielle©, My Weekly “Women in Construction” Blog!
I can’t say enough about hurricane season 2023 preparedness all the way through November this year. During these uncertain weather-related times, an ounce of prevention is definitely worth a pound of cure. What can contractors, clients, and the community do to be more weather aware—and prepared?
I, like most Houston-area construction firms, am keeping an eye on tropical disturbances and potential storms and flooding that might impact the greater metroplex and beyond. My go-to’s for news are listed below and might help others navigate inclement weather.
“Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center now believe that the 2023 Atlantic hurricane season will be more active than average, according to their final update for the year.”
How best to prepare for a hurricane? Click the links below for information from
- Prepare for Hurricanes — (excellent advice about knowing your hurricane risk, making an emergency plan, knowing your evacuation zone, recognizing warnings and alerts, preparing those with disabilities, reviewing important documents, strengthening your home, getting tech ready, helping your neighborhood, and more.
- Stay Safe During a Hurricane — staying informed and dealing with the weather.
- Returning Home
- Storm Surge Public Service Announcements
- FEMA Accessible: Hurricane Safety Messages
- Prepare to Protect: Public Service Advertisements
Graphics and Social Media
- National Weather Service Hurricane Preparedness Week
- Protective Actions Research for Hurricanes
- Hurricane Information Sheet (PDF)
- CDC Hurricanes & Other Tropical Storms
- National Flood Insurance Program coverage for flood damage that homeowners insurance won’t cover
- Flood Map Service Center for determining your flood risk
- National Storm Surge Hazard Maps to determine your vulnerability
Connect with Me!
Find us on social media — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn — and follow along! Our phone number is 832 567 9648, and you can email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, stay safe and prepared in the realm of construction!