Right Choice Development and Construction CEO and general contractor Danielle Wright is one of the “construction rarities” and pioneers in the field of women-owned construction companies.
Welcome to Development with Danielle©, My Weekly “Women in Construction” Blog!
Recently, I was introduced at a meeting as the owner and CEO of Right Choice Development and Construction. A few seemed surprised — but pleasantly so — that I was the “face” of my construction company and a very hands-on executive as well.
Fortunately for me, I was born into the industry and had the privilege and honor of learning about the construction business from my late father. From that foundation, I became a serial entrepreneur and dreamed about one day founding a construction company.
The stars aligned in 2016, and Right Choice Development and Construction was born. I became one of those “construction rarities” — meaning a rare female fixture on the construction scene, especially when it comes to commercial projects. Check out one of my recent blog posts, “An Upstanding, Outstanding Woman-Owned Construction Company,” to get a sense of my mission as a leader in commercial contracting and the obstacles we face in the industry.
“Construction Rarities” in the News
I think one of the most exciting things I do in the industry is advocate for women in construction. It didn’t occur to me that I’d become an ambassador and influencer of sorts for my fellow females in the trades, yet I proudly embrace this role. I love reading articles that highlight the remarkable inroads made by skilled women who are filling gaps in the workforce (largely male-dominated). I hope you find the articles below as inspiring as I do.
- Family Handyman’s Why More Women Are Considering Careers in the Trades
- MacLean’s Why We Need More Women in These Particular Careers Than Ever Before
- Southern Careers Institute’s Why Women Should Consider a Career in a Skilled Trade
- Boss Magazine’s CMAA’s First Female Executive Will Tackle Diversity and Workforce Issues: CMAA is tackling the gender gap.
- Construction Business Owner’s Outstanding Women in Construction 2021
- The National Center for Construction Education and Research’s The Rise of Women in the Construction Field
- Elevate Our Story’s Inspiring Women in Construction: Role Models for the Next Generation
- forconstructionpros.com’s Survey Shows Job Opportunities for Women in Construction Are On the Rise
- Forbes’ Older Women Are Building More Momentum In The Construction Field
Moving Forward in the Construction Sector
It’s true that we’ll still be considered “construction rarities” well into the future. However, the reality is that an amazing array of female talent has stepped foot into the trades. I’m so proud to be one of them, and whether you work as a locksmith, provide plumbing services, wire buildings, operate a crane, or work in demolition, I am pulling for you!
Connect with Me!
Find us on social media — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn — and follow along! Our phone number is 832 567 9648, and you can email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, enjoy your unique place in the realm of construction!